This means that new generations of tech-savvy customers will continue to enter the market, expecting a more interactive, digital-led shopping experience.
Retail experts estimate that the pandemic has accelerated the shift to digital shopping by five years. As a result, an increasing number of independent optical businesses have invested in their online presence incorporating eCommerce, and complementary innovations such as virtual consultation and VTO. This enhanced online service has a host of benefits, not least attracting a different audience, providing options to those unable or unwilling to venture outside of the home and staying ahead of their local competitors.
According to a Neilsen global survey from 2019, consumers listed Augmented Reality as one of the top technologies to assist them in their daily lives. In fact, just over half (51%) said they were willing to use this technology to assess products, highlighting the value an augmented reality tool such as VTO can add to your optical business. (3)
Best Practice Advice
Here are some best practices to ensure that you’re delivering the best possible user experience when you incorporate VTO as part of your online presence:
- Work with an experienced and trusted partner to ensure a smooth installation and set-up
- Ensure that VTO is featured prominently on your website and easy to navigate to
- Make a plan involving all staff to let as many clients know as possible that you can provide them with a virtual experience of trying frames on at home
- Promote your VTO on your social media channels to increase visibility
- Encourage users to share their images and seek opinions from friends and family on their own social media to benefit from viral marketing